USSSA East Points Incentive Program
Points are awarded to member teams, based on their order of finish in USSSA Events. With so many of our teams accruing many points over the course of the season, we have decided to put those points to work for our teams!
The following chart breaks down how points are awarded for events
|Place||Orlando World Series||National Championships||State Tournament||NIT||Qualifiers||Ultimate Fastpitch Experience|
*Note: All teams participating in USSSA Showcase events will receive 100 points, regardless of tournament results.
Here are the new and improved point system benefits for all of our teams:
- The team with the most points as of the start of a tournament will have choice of Home or Visitor in Pool Play. If teams are tied, Home or Visitor will be determined by a coin toss.
- When two teams with the same seed meet in Championship Play, the team with the most points as of the start of the tournament will have choice of Home or Visitor. If teams are tied, Home or Visitor will be determined by a coin toss. Note: If different seeded teams meet in Championship Play, the higher seed will still have choice of Home or Visitor.
- Seeding for the State Tournament will continue to be determined by a weighted average of USSSA Points and USSSA Power Rankings.
The following events will be NITs (3X Points) in 2018:
- Diamonds R 4Ever – April 21 & 22
- Black Eyed Susan – May 19 & 20
- Blue-Gray Summer Shootout – June 30 & July 1
The following events will be a part of the 2018 Double Points Weekends (select weekends where point values noted above in chart are double) in Maryland and Delaware:
- Crabtown Crackdown and Chesapeake Challenge – April 28 & 29
- Wins for Warriors – May 26, 27 & 28